The Society of Construction Law has recently published “Proven by Computer? System Dynamics and Disruption Claims”. The paper, available here, evaluates the potential for system dynamics modelling to be used as a form of delay and disruption analysis in adversarial construction dispute resolution. Ralph Goodchild gives a lawyer’s perspective on the use of SD modelling, which differs from the usual practice of looking directly at ‘real’ project records. He goes on to discuss the challenges of bringing a disruption claim based on an SD model, such as admissibility, the tension with witnesses of fact and the relationships between SD model evidence and traditional delay analysis.
- Job Opening at UCL London April 16, 2019
- The Day System Dynamics Came to Edinburgh March 4, 2019
- The Spectrum of Approaches to Problem Solving – 22nd March 2019 February 21, 2019
- 2nd Annual Workshop on System Dynamics in Transportation Modelling February 8, 2019
- Outstanding Contribution Award January 28, 2019
Join the UK Chapter
- No Forums