Opportunities in System Dynamics will be displayed here.
If you have a SD-related opportunity to advertise, please forward the relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, click here to access the Society’s SD Career Link.
Lloyds Banking Group; System Dynamics Modeller, London
LBG is the UK’s leading digital bank, with over 11 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK’s biggest mobile bank. LBG places Digital at the heart of the bank’s strategy.
With the Group’s promise to Help Britain Prosper, we’re undertaking a three year programme to invest £3 billion in Digital Transformation. Our customers expect more from us and a part of that is getting the basics right by providing creative, logical solutions online to make their lives much simpler. 69% of the Group’s Retail, Consumer Finance and Insurance products are now met Digitally. It’s where our customers are choosing to be, and naturally it’s a huge focus area for the bank.
We’re currently seeking an experienced System Dynamics Modeller to join either our London or Bristol based team. You’ll help create a scientific way to assess the complexity in our service systems, enabling assessment of the consequences of our design decisions and or potentially optimum system level interventions. As part of the System Dynamics Practice you’ll be part of a small team of modellers, the role will involve study of Customer end to end journeys and large transformation change programmes to build System Dynamics models to improve our customer outcomes and find opportunities for change transformation.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Engaging with key partners and Subject Matter experts to Understand the System under study.
• Developing Causal loop diagrams
• Designing, Building & Testing System Dynamics models for E2E customer journeys and transformation programmes.
• Assuming responsibility for the model including data requirements planning, data collection, model calibration and analysis.
• Performing hypotheses tests using the model to generate insight & produce reports
• Sharing insight with key stakeholders to gain buy in for further test & learn and implementation of new change initiatives.
You’ll need to have the following skills and experience:
• Experienced System Dynamics Practitioner using System Dynamics software (Vensim preferred)
• Strong track record of business analysis
• Confident user of Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and across different audiences.
• Good self-management skills, including ability to escalate issues in a timely manner and work to deadlines.
• Experience of working within large complex projects involving internal and external (across Group or third parties) partners.
• Balance of strong critical thinking and analytical capability, together with a creative mindset.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll have opportunity to improve your experience and skills. The role will require essential travel to our key locations across the UK. A Qualification in System Dynamics, engineering/economics/statistics is preferred but not essential.
In addition to a well-funded and high profile role you’ll enjoy a diverse, energizing and informal environment that focuses on real career progression opportunities. We’ll also give you a comprehensive package that includes:
• Performance bonus
• Generous pension
• A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
• Private health cover
• Share schemes
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Closing date: 5th October 2018