System Dynamics can be applied to national accounts along with energy flows, employment and transportation. This is demonstrated in a recent paper “A Robust Data-driven Macro-socioeconomic-energy Model” available for free until 6 May 2016 at http://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Sjco_rVQOAfg4. The paper introduces what’s called the 7see model showing how it is configured using historical data (from 1990 for the UK economy) and how its performance is assessed in reproducing the historical period. Publications to follow will show how the 7see approach enables historical data to underpin business-as-usual (BAU) scenario to 2035, then how to introduce policies that give rise to different outcomes. This work will be presented at the our annual conference on 14th April. COP21 in Paris introduced yet another acronym, INDCs for Intended Nationally Determined Contributions. Since this 7see modelling works at national level, it is well placed to help policy makers address the challenges of evaluating and comparing paths that will take them to their new national carbon-reduction targets.
- Outstanding Contribution Award 2019 May 16, 2019
- Job Opening at UCL London April 16, 2019
- The Day System Dynamics Came to Edinburgh March 4, 2019
- The Spectrum of Approaches to Problem Solving – 22nd March 2019 February 21, 2019
- 2nd Annual Workshop on System Dynamics in Transportation Modelling February 8, 2019
Join the UK Chapter
- No Forums